19th Brazilian Logic Conference
May 6-10, 2019 – João Pessoa / PB, Brazil
The Brazilian Logic Conferences (EBL) is a traditional event of the Brazilian Logic Society (SBL). It has been occurring since 1979. Congregating logicians of different fields and with different backgrounds – from undergraduate students to senior researchers – the meeting is an important moment for the Brazilian and South-American logical community to join together and discuss recent developments of the field. The areas of Logic covered spread over Foundations and Philosophy of Science, Analytic Philosophy, Mathematics, Computer Science, Informatics, Linguistics and Artificial Intelligence.
Previous editions of the EBL have attracted researchers from all over Latin America and elsewhere. In 2019, the EBL will be held at João Pessoa, capital of the state of Paraíba, a charming and beautiful town on the Brazilian north-east coast.
The goal of the EBL meeting is to encourage the dissemination and discussion of research papers in Logic in a broad sense. It is expected to have among the participants several invited speakers from different continents.
We cordially invite submissions of contributed papers on the general topics of Logic, including:
- Philosophical and Mathematical Logic, and Applications,
- History and Philosophy of Logic;
- Non-classical Logic and Applications;
- Philosophy of Formal Sciences;
- Foundations of Computer Science, Physics, and Mathematics;
- Logic Education (Logic Teaching)
This edition of the EBL particularly welcomes abstracts on Logic Teaching so as to stimulate the development of methods and strategies of teaching and learning Logic.
The presentation of contributed papers in the event must fit a slot of 20 minutes of exposition plus 10 minutes of questions and discussion.
Abstracts should be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English with a maximum of 600 words and it must contain title, name, keywords, affiliation and essential bibliography. To submit, they must be sent, in a PDF file, until Jan 24, 2019 through EasyChair. Note that, prior registration with EasyChair is required.
Notification of acceptance will be released on Feb 15, 2019. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for presenting the paper at the meeting. Each given participant may coauthor more than one paper, but will only be allowed to present a single talk. The Scientific Committee will consider the following items when selecting the papers: relevance and importance of the topic, originality and quality of work.
Call for Round Tables
The EBL 2019 is happy to host round table proposals with a duration of at most two hours. They may be divided as desired, with a maximum of 4 and a minimum of 3 participants per session. The description and the title for the session should be of a maximum of 1500 words containing an abstract for each exposition including title, name, keywords, affiliation and bibliography. Each session must have a coordinating chair assigned in the proposal. Submissions of round table proposals must be sent, in a PDF file, until Jan 24, 2019 to EBL2019tables@gmail.com.
The EBL 2019 also aims to be a forum for presenting and discussing work in progress and therefore to provide feedback for authors on their preliminary research. Peer-reviewed papers will be published after the meeting, so that authors can incorporate the feedback received, in a book and/or a special issue of a journal with publishers of international recognition.
- Brazilian Logic Conference: May 6-10, 2019
- Logic School: May 6-10, 2019
- Submission Deadline: Extended to Jan 24, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: Feb 15, 2019
Keynote speakers (confirmed)
- Catarina Dutilh-Novaes (VU Amsterdam)
- Eberhard Guhe (Harvard-Yenching Institute/Fudan University)
- Edward Zalta (Stanford)
- Elaine Pimentel (UFRN)
- Frank Sautter (UFSM)
- Luis Soares Barbosa (Universidade do Minho)
- Mario Benevides (UFRJ)
- Mirna Dzamonja (University of East Anglia)
- Alexandre Rademaker (IBM Research)
- Bruno Lopes Vieira (UFF)
- Carlos Olarte (UFRN)
- Ciro Russo (UFBA)
- Cláudia Nalon (UnB)
- Daniele Nantes Sobrinho (UnB)
- Edward Hermann Haeusler (PUC-Rio)
- Gisele Secco (UFSM)
- Ítala Maria Loffredo D’Ottaviano (Unicamp)
- João Marcos (UFRN)
- Jorge Petrúcio Viana (UFF)
- Leandro Oliva Suguitani (UFBA)
- Luiz Carlos Pereira (PUC-Rio/UERJ)
- Marcelo Coniglio (Unicamp)
- Marcelo Finger (USP)
- Maurício Ayala-Rincón (UnB)
- Nastassja Pugliese (USP)
- Renata Wassermann (USP)
- Newton C. A. da Costa (UFSC)
- Valeria de Paiva (Nuance Communications)
- Walter Carnielli (Unicamp)
The 19th Brazilian Logic Conference is organized by Universidade Federal de Campina Grande (UFCG), Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB) and Sociedade Brasileira de Lógica (SBL)
- Ricardo Sousa Silvestre (UFCG, co-chair)
- Ana Thereza Dürmaier (UFPB, co-chair)
- Cezar A. Mortari (UFSC, co-chair)
- Garibaldi Sarmento (UFPB)
- Samuel Gomes da Silva (UFBA)
- Lucídio Cabral (UFPB)
- Wagner Sanz (UFG)
- Tiago Massoni (UFCG)
- Bruno Petrato Bruck (UFPB)
- Teobaldo Leite Bulhões Júnior (UFPB)
- Andrei de Araujo Formiga (UFPB)
- Pedro Carné (UFCG)
- Marcio Kléos Freire Pereira (UFMA)
For more information please contact the Organizing Committee at EBL2019contact@gmail.com.